Annual Conference on Financial Supervision in the EU 2017
Date: 07 December 2017
Duration: 2 days
Location: MCE - Management Centre Europe, Brussels, Belgium
Cost: Registration before 7 November 2017 - 711,00 EUR // Registration/after 7 November 2017 - 790,00 EUR
Organiser: ЕРА - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/?126357&en
This conference will discuss the supervisory objectives applicable to the regulatory framework for EU banking and capital markets, inform participants about the Commission’s plans in the area, and present initiatives aimed at de-risking the EU banking system. It will also identify future challenges to the regime (including those due to FinTech) and provide a platform where supervisors from Member States can voice their concerns.
- The Commission’s consultation on the future of the three European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs);
- Bank supervision;
- The Commission’s short-terms plans for supervision of the CMU;
- Supervisory convergence and the supervisory review process;
- Challenges to the existing supervision regime;
- FinTech, the revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2) and the effect of technology on banking.
Who should attend?
Banking and capital market lawyers, supervisors from national authorities, industry practitioners, policy makers.