Intellectual Property Litigation and the Fight against Counterfeiting
Date: 19 April 2018
Duration: 2 days
Location: Trier, Germany
Cost: Registration before 19 March 2018: 441€ / Registration after 19 March 2018: 490€
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/?127486&en
This seminar will examine the implementation of Directive 2004/48/EC on the civil enforcement of intellectual property rights. Procedural issues related to intellectual property litigation will be discussed on the basis of national and CJEU case law. Alternative measures such as ADR and voluntary mechanisms will be explored.
- Assessment of the implementation of Directive 2004/48/EC;
- Procedural issues in court proceedings, including solutions provided by judgments of the CJEU and national courts on remedies and legal costs, gathering of evidence, right of information;
- Cross-border execution of injunctions;
- Liability of intermediaries in intellectual property infringement cases;
- The Border Measures Regulation (EU) 608/2013 in practice;
- Benefits and risks of mediation in intellectual property matters;
- Seizure of goods in transit.
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice specialised in IP law, in-house counsel, intellectual property litigators, judges, customs and IP enforcement authorities.