Energy Transitions 2020
Date: 27 February 2020
Duration: 2 days
Location: Joensuu, Finland
Organiser: UEF Law School, University of Eastern Finland
Web Link: http://www.uef.fi/web/cceel/conferences
The University of Eastern Finland (UEF) Law School in cooperation with the UEF Center for Climate Change, Energy and Environmental Law (CCEEL) is organizing its 6th international energy law and policy conference “ENERGY TRANSITIONS 2020”. The event will take place on 27 and 28 February 2020 in Joensuu, Finland.
The conference will bring together global experts from industry, government and the legal academics to discuss pertinent energy transitions challenges and opportunities. The theme for the event is ‘Achieving Just Energy Transitions through Law and Policy: Challenges and Solutions’.
Topics for discussions include:
• International investment dispute settlement and energy investments;
• International LNG value chains: Current and future developments;
• International trade of energy products and multilateral, regional and mega-regional trade agreements;
• Global developments in the oil, gas and power sectors;
• The “Clean Energy for all Europeans” package and its implications for EU energy law and policy;
• Introducing flexibility: Energy storage, demand-side management and the role of consumers in the energy transition;
• The regulation of renewable and low-carbon energy sources;
• Assessing the EU’s 2030 Climate and Energy Policy Framework;
• Subsidies to renewable energy and fossil fuels.