Annual Conference on European Asylum and Migration Law 2023
Date: 19 October 2023
Duration: 1,5 days
Location: Trier, Germany & Online
Cost: € 730.00/€ 657.00 (Registration by 19 September)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=823d3eb49c71a0f2725c37e4717460f317a83cad01005868190648&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=131771
The aim of this conference is to provide legal practitioners with an update on the reform of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) and the efforts undertaken to implement the New EU Pact on Migration.
Recent developments related to safeguarding fundamental rights in the CEAS, together with the case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Court of Human Rights, will also be addressed. Additionally, this year the conference will tackle challenges related to the use of artificial intelligence and its implications for people on the move.
- The Common European Asylum System and the New EU Pact on Migration and Asylum;
- Displacement from Ukraine and the ways forward;
- Applying the Charter of Fundamental Rights in asylum matters;
- Vulnerability in the context of applications for international protection (SOGIE-based claims);
- Artificial intelligence and fundamental rights compliance at the EU’s external borders;
- The European Courts’ contribution to shaping the CEAS;
- Integration of refugees.