Brussels Legal was created in 2005 by Arun Rattan, a UK-qualified lawyer who worked in the European Commission and two US law firms in Brussels. Brussels Legal was acquired by EuroBrussels Ltd, now called Eurojobsites Ltd in 2008.
With thousands of visitors every month, Brussels Legal is intended for everyone working in the field of non-local law in Brussels and aims to help resolve various issues facing Brussels' international legal community by providing a clear, user-friendly, accessible means of communication between the Brussels-based international legal community.
Brussels Legal is intended for everyone working in Brussels' public and private organisations dealing with international legal matters and wants to help those who are coming to Brussels or are curious about working in Brussels' international legal environment. In other words, the Brussels international legal community is really a community of communities.
Lawyers and legal support staff from different backgrounds have a range of sometimes overlapping, sometimes diverse interests. These different communities are connected by their geographical place of work and common interest in dealing with non-local law in Brussels.
Brussels Legal aims to serve the needs of each community and to help communication between these communities.
About our parent website EuroBrussels:
• EuroBrussels has been the number one job site in Brussels since 2001.
• Strongly focused readership actively seeking opportunities in European Affairs.
• It is easy to submit job ads to EuroBrussels, and basic listings are usually free.
• We have great options for quick hiring, multiple jobs and general public profiling.
• Every month EuroBrussels has over 300,000 visits, and 120,000 unique visitors.
• More than 100,000 of them subscribe to our weekly newsletter - 7,000 subscribe to the Legal Jobs Newsletter.
Some of the companies and organisations who have used us:
• Academy of European Law – ERA
• Avocats Sans Frontières
• Beachcroft LLP
• British Institute of International and Comparative Law
• Cambre Associates,
• Carrée, Biebuyck & Partners
• CCBE (Conseil des barreaux européens/Council of the Bars & Law Societies of Europe)
• CICC - Coalition for the International Criminal Court
• European Central Bank
• European Judicial Training Network
• European Stability Mechanism
• Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
• Hague Justice Portal
• Hoffman & Associates
• Hunton & Williams
• ICTY - United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia,
• International Criminal Bar
• International Society for Military Law & the Law of War
• Latham & Watkins
• Mayer Brown
• Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP
• White & Case LLP
For more information, thoughts or comments on Brussels Legal, please contact us. We appreciate your thoughts.