Investment Screening in the European Union
Date: 12 November 2020
Duration: 1,5 days
Location: Online Conference
Cost: € 790,00 / € 711,00 (Registration by 12 October)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=495857ad9de8cb135acc4639588ec6b8cfa1921300743157991612&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=129757
This online conference will help practitioners to understand the new investment screening framework introduced in 2019 and which will enter into force on 11 October 2020. It will explain how it will affect the free movement of capital, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and other foreign direct investments into the EU.
Practical aspects for Member State screening authorities and for in-house and external legal counsel acting for foreign investors and target companies in European M&A will be addressed.
- How to interpret and apply the EU Investment Screening Regulation 2019/452 in practice;
- How to identify and mitigate risks to EU and Member State security or public order;
- Critical technologies, infrastructure, supplies, data and media;
- Impact on EU foreign direct investments (FDI), takeovers and M&A transactions;
- Ownership due diligence for purposes of foreign investment control;
- Best practices for foreign investors, legal counsel and financial intermediaries;
- Screening and free movement of capital: National screening and the Capital Markets Union (CMU);
- Best practices for Member State authorities;
- Legal or administrative recourse against screening decisions.
Who should attend?
EU and national regulators/supervisors, in-house lawyers at private-sector financial institutions, lawyers in private practice.
Interactive online conference:
The online conference will be hosted on ERA’s own online training platform. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-quality speakers and other participants. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive training experience.