Post-Brexit Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Cooperation
Date: 28 January 2021
Duration: 2 days
Location: Online Seminar
Cost: 390 EUR (discounts available)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=12e6527aa1decdafc1257e575d46d24170b84cee00765252951176&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=130312
The UK’s withdrawal from the EU and hence from the EU JHA area has significant consequences for judicial cooperation in criminal matters and the law enforcement field.
This online seminar will focus on the post-Brexit relationship between the EU and the UK in this area, based on the Trade and Cooperation Agreement between the EU and the UK. It will give participants an overview of which elements in European criminal justice and law enforcement are affected, how the new form of post-Brexit cooperation between the EU and the UK will take shape and what practical steps are currently being implemented.
- The new post-Brexit relationship between the EU and UK;
- Post-Brexit access to databases and information-sharing between the EU and UK;
- The UK’s participation in EU agencies as a third country;
- Challenges for the legal sector in the post-Brexit world;
- Human rights implications.