Regulation of Payment, Clearing and Settlement Systems
Date: 21 April 2021
Duration: 3 days (morning sessions)
Location: Online Seminar
Cost: € 790,00 / € 711,00 (Registration by 21 March)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=6c759831dea255284c1172f767c93151a095171400767535289309&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=130451
This online seminar will give practitioners an overview of the state of play in payments, clearing and settlement, focusing on how retail payments are regulated and the legal implications of recent regulatory changes in the area of payments and securities settlement.
It will analyse the latest developments in different areas of financial regulation and business law in this field and look ahead at the regulatory and legislative agenda.
- Legal foundations for payment and securities settlement systems;
- Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), European Payments Initiative (EPI), instant payments (PSD2);
- Digitalisation, cryptoassets;
- Real-time gross settlement: TARGET2, EURO1, STEP2;
- Post-trade services: CSDs, CCPs, EMIR/derivatives clearing, T2S;
- Foreign-exchange clearing and settlement: CLS and beyond;
- Clearing and settlement oversight.
Who should attend?
EU and national regulators/supervisors, legal officers in financial services sectors (payment services, CSDs/securities issuance), lawyers in private practice, compliance officers.
Interactive online conference:
The online conference will be hosted on ERA’s own online platform. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-level speakers and other participants. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive experience. As the platform is hosted on our own server, the highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate safely in this high-quality online conference.