Annual Conference on European Media Law 2021
Date: 16 June 2021
Duration: 3 half-days (Morning Sessions)
Location: Online Conference
Cost: € 690,00 / € 621,00 (Registration by 16 May)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=a4409998a73389f63dfbcb1e3ef1162b51901bc300774655940147&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=130308
The conference aims to keep media law practitioners up-to-date by providing an overview of the latest policy developments, legislative initiatives and case law in this field.
- Transposition of the Audio Visual Media Services Directive in the Members States: European Commission guidelines on European works and video-sharing platforms.
- Towards fair competition in the audio visual sector in times of Covid-19.
- Ongoing EU policy to strengthen actions against disinformation.
- Media freedom and pluralism: the action plan on European democracy.
- EU strategy on artificial intelligence and data-sharing: impact on the media sector.
- Adoption of the Digital Services Act: new responsibilities for online platforms and social media.
- Ongoing competition law investigations affecting media companies.
- Latest jurisprudence of the CJEU and ECtHR relevant for the media sector.
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice specialised in media law and information technology, in-house counsel and other legal practitioners in the media sector.
Interactive online conference:
The online conference will be hosted on ERA’s own online platform. The highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate actively in the best-quality videoconferencing environment available. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-quality speakers and other participants. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive training experience.