Digital Finance: MiCAR and DORA
Date: 24 May 2023
Duration: 3 half-days (morning sessions)
Cost: € 830.00/€ 747.00 (Register by 24 April)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=849ecadbd8208fc5458f7bec00e8bd2d5250482100957592186645&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=131946
This online seminar will provide a comprehensive overview and update on the Regulation on Digital Operational Resilience (DORA) for the financial sector and the Regulation on Markets in Crypto-Assets (MiCAR) and their practical implications for legal professionals.
- Technological background: ICT risks, cyber disruptions and threats, security, confidentiality and integrity of data;
- Obligations under the Digital Operational Resilience Act (DORA) and their oversight;
- ICT risk management;
- Impact of DORA on the financial sector;
- Obligations under the Markets in Crypto-Assets Regulation (MiCAR) for crypto-issuers and crypto-providers;
- Supervision of compliance under MiCAR;
- Risk management & custody arrangements under MiCAR;
- Decentralised finance regulation and the future of Fintech.
Who should attend?
Professionals in the financial services sector, in-house lawyers working in financial entities, including banks, e-payment service providers, insurance and reinsurance undertakings, stock exchanges, clearing houses, CSDs, CCPs, as well as in national competent authorities, FinTechs, BigTechs, crypto-asset issuers and crypto-asset service providers as well as lawyers in private practice.
Interactive Online Seminar:
The online seminar will be hosted on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-level speakers and other participants. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive experience. The highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate safely.