Annual Conference on European Media Law 2019
Date: 06 June 2019
Duration: 1 1/2 days
Location: L42, Rue de la Loi 42, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
Cost: € 711,00 (Registration by 6 May) / € 790,00
Organiser: Academy of European Law (ERA)
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=c20a591820f86d07fa136fab5c7f91964595629900631668507191&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=128528
The conference will keep media law practitioners up-to-date by providing an overview of the latest policy developments, legislative initiatives and case law in this field.
* Transposition of the new Audiovisual Media Services Directive in the Member States;
* Results of the code of practice on disinformation;
* Impact of the EU Regulation on free flow of non-personal data in the media sector and data-related initiatives;
* The future of journalism in the EU: publishers’ rights, freedom of the press and the proposed Whistleblowing Directive;
* Ongoing competition law investigations affecting media companies;
* Latest jurisprudence of the CJEU and ECtHR relevant for the media sector.
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice specialised in media law and information technology, in-house counsel and other legal practitioners in the media sector.