Welcome to the Brussels Legal community
Brussels Legal is the centre of the legal community working with international and European Union law in Brussels.
We provide you with information on Brussels-based law firms and legal organisations and the lawyers who work for them, as well as information on the social and professional Brussels environment.
Find out more about:
- Articles for the Brussels legal community
- Brussels legal News on law firms and lawyers
- The best Brussels legal jobs and a directory of law firms
- Legal conferences and seminars
- Legal education & courses
- Brussels newcomer information and tips
- Social events and the private life of Brussels lawyers (Brulex league, secret diary blog, ...)
- Don't forget to sign up for the weekly EuroBrussels Legal Jobs Newsletter
Brussels Legal Articles
Paul Lugard studied law at the University of Groningen, a vibrant, but also a somewhat far-away city in the northern part of the Netherlands. After a traineeship at DG COMP, then called DG 4, he spent a year at the College of Europe and was then hired by one of the larger Dutch firms in Rotterdam, Trenité van Doorne. After five years he moved to an in-house position at Philips, where he would spent more than a decade, the last few years as Senior Vice President and Head of Antitrust. It was an exciting and interesting period and Paul Lugard have made some good friends there. In 2012 I was asked to set up the Brussels office of Baker Botts, together with Catriona Hatton, who was then the partner in charge of the Brussels office of Hogan Lovells.
For more Brussels Legal articles click here.