Annual Conference on Law and Financial Innovation 2021
Date: 16 September 2021
Duration: 1,5 days
Location: Trier, Germany
Cost: € 790.00 / € 711.00 (Registration by 16 August 2021)
Organiser: Academy of European Law (ERA)
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=9dcb8552ceac2a9051acb9cda6a7b7035c8f937f00796037969645&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=130338
This year’s annual conference will provide a comprehensive update on the state of play in financial technology and innovation from a legal perspective, focusing on the Commission’s Digital Finance Package, data-driven financial supervision and financial compliance; and the regulation of virtual assets. The conference will analyse the latest developments in different areas of financial regulation and business law with respect to FinTech, RegTech and SupTech and look ahead at the regulatory and legislative agenda.
- Regulating the markets in crypto-assets (MICA proposal);
- Pilot regime for market infrastructures based on distributed ledger technology (DLT);
- Digital operational resilience for the financial sector;
- Use of virtual assets for illicit purposes;
- Cybersecurity: implications for regulators and businesses.
Who should attend?
EU & national regulators/supervisors, legal officers in financial services sectors (FinTech, payment services), lawyers in private practice, compliance officers.