Annual Conference on EU Financial Regulation and Supervision 2021
Date: 09 December 2021
Duration: 1,5 days
Cost: € 790.00/€ 711.00 (Registration by 9 November 2021)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=a3299b9a8ca3e4f7e512e1000b980fc37ad6e92b00813613883147&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=130342
This year’s conference addresses the challenges and implications of cross-sectoral supervision of financial services. It takes a sneak peek at the next steps of the European Commission’s 2021 Call for Advice on Digital Finance to be unveiled in early 2022, looking in turn at evolutions in financial value chains (including the Green Deal), platformisation and new emerging mixed activity groups, including the role of BigTechs in the EU financial sector.
- Financial regulation across sectors: rethinking the EU regulatory perimeter;
- Calibrating supervision structures: financial-sector sectoral, cross-sectoral, or multi-disciplinary?;
- AML/CFT in platformised finance;
- Consumer protection issues;
- Financial stability and competitiveness.
Who should attend?
Legal, regulatory and compliance professionals at national supervisors, central banks and the EU supervisory authorities, private-sector financial institutions, lawyers in private practice dealing with banking and financial regulation.