Dawn Raids in Practice: Advanced Competition Law Training
Date: 29 September 2022
Duration: 1,5 days
Location: Rome, Italy
Cost: € 690.00/€ 621.00 (Registration by 29 August) or € 552,00 (Registration by 29 July)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=644ca5e0d236bb615a7d4dc8d606f4b60db21bc300875839040463&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=131126
After a period of temporary suspension due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the European Commission and national competition authorities have resumed the conduct of surprise inspections at the premises of undertakings investigated for competition law infringements.
This seminar is aimed at providing a thorough and detailed overview of the conduct of dawn raids in the light of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EU and the case law of the CJEU and of the ECtHR. The sessions will focus on the main issues that could arise at different stages of the inspection.
- Essential stages of the dawn raid;
- Main issues that arise during an inspection;
- Reasonable grounds for suspicion and fishing expeditions;
- Objecting v obstructing;
- Gathering of digital evidence;
- Handling of legally privileged documents, business secrets and other confidential information;
- The impact of the ECN+ Directive.
Who should attend?
EU officials, staff of national competition authorities, lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel.