Brexit and External Relations
Date: 19 March 2018
Duration: 2 half days
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=64272cb77295fb686c9f434d2754d31a688739be00577678522184&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=127586
The departure of the UK from the EU raises many political and legal questions. This conference will focus on the external dimension of Brexit. It will provide participants an overview of the institutional aspects to be considered during negotiations, as well as the prospects for future relations between the UK and the EU in terms of trade and other external policies.
- External dimension of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU and its institutional aspects;
- Legal consequences of Brexit for international agreements concluded by the EU and its Member States;
- Future trade relations between the UK and the EU;
- Transitional arrangements;
- Relations between the UK as a third country and the EU.